DATE: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
NEW DATE: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
This spring, Politics and Prose invites you to travel by bus to visit the Winterthur Museum in Delaware. We will explore this museum of American decorative arts, walking through specific floors in the house. The most captivating part of the day will be seeing how the grounds and interior of the mansion are inspired by each other. Henry Francis du Pont carefully crafted every hill and path to showcase colors and depth through shadow. We will visit the house museum where the featured exhibit theme is Outside In; how nature inspired decorating the mansion throughout the years. A museum expert will guide us through a garden walk and explain the history, flowers, landscape and how it relates to the design of the house. https://www.winterthur.org/exhibitions-and-collections/garden/garden-collections/ You will have time for a museum tour, visiting the lush gardens, having lunch in the restaurant, and shopping the very tempting gift shop.
Date: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Meet in P&P Coffeehouse The DEN for complimentary coffee and bagels at 8:00 a.m.
Leave P&P at 8:20 a.m.
Arrival 10:20 a.m. - Garden Walk with an expert museum guide assigned to talk about history, flowers, landscape and how it relates to the design of the house. Walk is 90 mins. Distance of walk is 1.5 miles, slow pace but can be slightly hilly. Check webpage for garden chart for May/June flowers in bloom.
Noon: lunch in cafeteria (hot and cold options) - group on their own and self pay.
Garden Tram option: runs every 30 minutes, tours the surrounding grounds around the mansion. Operator narrates the history and landscape. Trolly seats 15-20 passengers at a time.
House Tour: The featured exhibit theme is Outside In - how nature inspired decorating the mansion throughout the years. Two floors are featured. Runs 45 minutes and entrance is every 15 minutes.
The price is $150.00 per person. This includes tickets, bus coach travel service and guided tours. You will be able to purchase lunch on site.
Know Before You Go:
You will be able to purchase lunch on site at Pavilion Cafe.
All visitors must wear a mask on the guided house tours.
Price: $150.00 includes admission to house tour and transportation.
Return Policy: Refunds are only guaranteed up to 7 days before the trip.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
By purchasing ticket(s), you affirm that you and tour attendees accompanying you fully understand and agree to the following:
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- I understand that my safety is my responsibility.
- I understand and agree that the loss, theft, or destruction of my belongings is my sole responsibility.
- I fully understand and accept, without limitation, sole responsibility for all of the risks associated with my participation while on the tour or event, including injury and death whether through my own actions or those of other participants, tour guides, or any other external parties. I assume sole responsibility for this risk and release Politics & Prose from all liability or damages resulting from my participation.
- I understand and agree that the safety and wellbeing of minors under the age of 18 accompanying myself or my party are my sole responsibility.
- I represent that I am in proper physical condition to participate in this tour or event.
- I understand and agree that tour leader reserves the right to disqualify anyone at any time during the tour if he or she feels the person’s continued participation will jeopardize the individual involved or the group. Refunds are not given under such circumstances.
- I waive liability and release Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, vendors, operators, agents and employees from any and all actions, suits, claims, controversies, damages, judgments and executions whatsoever, in law or in equity, direct or indirect, known or unknown, foreseeable or unforeseeable, which I may have or acquire, arising from, concerning or related to entry in, travel to or from and/or participation in Politics & Prose tours or events.
- I agree that Politics & Prose is not liable for delay or cancellation resulting from acts of participants, agents, employees, acts of God, public enemy, or the United States; or fire, natural disaster, strikes, or civil disturbance.
- This Participant Waiver and Release of Liability shall be construed in accordance with, and its validity and effect (including any claims for breach of any of the terms thereof) shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, and this Participant Waiver and Release of Liability contains the entire understanding and the agreement of the parties hereto and supersedes all other written and oral exchanges, arrangements or negotiations among them, whether written or oral, concerning the subject matter hereof.
I do hereby, on behalf of myself, my dependents, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, release and agree to hold harmless Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, vendors, operators, agents and employees from any and all liability associated with the above. I agree to release, discharge, defend and indemnify against, any and all liability, whether caused by willful or negligent conduct, Politics & Prose, its affiliates, owners, operators, agents, and employees from any claims, actions and liabilities for injury (including death), illness and property losses, theft or damages to myself and those participating in the tour with me. This release shall extend to and include any person/entity acting through or on my behalf.