Please see in-store for mask requirements.
David Sedaris, the “champion storyteller,” (Los Angeles Times) returns with his first new collection of personal essays since the bestselling Calypso.
David Sedaris is the author of twelve previous books, including, most recently, A Carnival of Snackery, The Best of Me, and Calypso. He is a regular contributor to The New Yorker and BBC Radio 4. In 2019, he was inducted into the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He is the recipient of the Thurber Prize for American Humor, the Jonathan Swift International Literature Prize for Satire and Humor, and the Terry Southern Prize for Humor.
The Opening Act for this evening’s event will be essayist and author of Mother Noise: A Memoir – Cindy House!
Cindy House is an essayist, short story writer, artist, and a regular opener for David Sedaris on his tours across the country. She studied at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and earned an MFA from Lesley University in 2017. She lives in New Haven, Connecticut, with her husband and son.
- Signing line tickets will be available at the front entrance starting at 1:30pm.
- Sedaris and House will give a reading from 3-4pm and then sign books starting at 4pm.
- First come, first served seating will begin at 2pm.
- All pre-purchased books will be available at the register.
- Backlist (all now in paperback and available for purchase!) will be signed along with the purchase of Happy-Go-Lucky.
- No posed photos please.
- We will call groups of 20 at a time to the signing line once the reading is complete, so don’t lose your ticket. You must purchase at least one copy of David’s new book, Happy-Go-Lucky, to enter the signing line.