Wink: Transforming Public Speaking with Clown Presence (Hardcover)
"This book is a breakthrough, a powerful tool for anyone who cares enough to give a speech or presentation."
-Seth Godin, Author, This is Marketing
#1 Best Seller
-Do you struggle to connect when you communicate?
-Are you gripped by the fear of failure as you prepare to deliver a presentation?
-Do you worry that you don't have the charisma to truly move your audience?
In Wink, you will learn to communicate more deeply and effectively than ever before through authenticity, listening, and play: the Secrets of Clown Whether you deliver updates at work, plan to lead a wedding toast, or simply communicate on a day-to-day basis, Wink: Transforming Public Speaking with Clown Presence will help. Blue Man, theatrical Clown, and professional speaker Don Colliver gives simple, practical, research-based tips for nervousness, perfectionism, humor, and more.
But don't let your typical Clown associations scare you Clown Presence is a heightened, specific state of interpersonal communication, springing from vulnerability, authenticity, and the joy of connection-and Wink is your definitive guide.
Thanks to Don's popular public speaking courses delivered at Google and around the world, hundreds of nervous speakers have transformed into more effective communicators through Clown Presence. This book will show you how to unlock these secrets in your public speaking
- Communicate more confidently, compellingly, and effectively, even in front of the most challenging audiences.
- Learn the Clown secrets of presence and connection with actionable techniques combined with enthralling anecdotes from under the spotlight.
- Partner with your listeners so they find you more likable, warm, and engaging.
- Transform your relationship with your audience from "you versus them" to authentic dialogue.
- Respond easily to technical hiccups, unexpected questions, and other presentation surprises.
- Unconventional presentation preparation tactics will streamline your rehearsal time and transform stage fright into excitement, allowing you to be present with your audience in every moment.
- Conquer perfectionism and learn how imperfection is the key to getting your audience on your side.
- Clown Presence allows you to authentically engage with your audience through shared humanity and joy, setting you apart in your world of public speaking.
In this boldly innovative work, author Don Colliver has organized the secrets of Clown Presence into the 5 P's:
- Personal Confidence- Through mindset, reframing, and practice, you'll learn how to deliver your presentation confidently, every time.
- Preparation- Essential tips, tricks, and tactics will help you master your pre-presentation game and get you ready to rock your presentation.
- Partnership- You'll learn how to use curiosity, empathy, and vulnerability to truly connect with your audience in a way they've never seen before.
- (im)Perfection- Learn how to face your inner perfectionist and use imperfect moments to invite your audience to be more receptive to your message.
- Play- In the culmination of Clown Presence, you'll learn how to bring pleasure to your audience through joy, pattern, and play, even in the most serious of presentations.
Our world today desperately needs more authenticity and connection and there's no one else who can deliver your message. Don't keep your unique, authentic Clown Presence from your audience Learn to use the power of Clown Presence to more deeply connect with your audience and more successfully communicate your message. Begin your public speaking transformation and buy now