Lead Guitar Level 1 (Paperback)
Have you always wanted to play a guitar solo but didn't know how?
Do you feel like you just play the same solo every time?
Lead Guitar Level 1 is a music based method to teach you the basics of how to play lead guitar. Ten lessons to help you not only play a great guitar solo but start to become a musician that understands the basics of the music language. This is the first of a series of method books to help you grow with confidence and understanding as a musician and a guitar player. Built from the ground up, through years of teaching hundreds of students, this method helps beginning lead guitar players build a solid foundation.
- Learn the basics of "How to Solo".
- Learn how to think like a guitar player and a musician.
- Understand pentatonic scales and their relationship to chords.
- Be able to solo with Major and minor pentatonic scales in all 12 keys.
- Learn to know what scale to use to play a solo.
- Learn Guitar techniques: Hammer-ons, pull-offs, slides, and bends.
- Unlock the fretboard with "Neck Anatomy".
- Understand the "King Box".
- Essential exercises to improve speed and dexterity for real musical use.
- The blue note and scale sequences.
- How to "Self-generate" music.
- Hundreds of examples and licks, tabs and diagrams.
- A strong emphasis on rhythm as it relates to playing a solo.
- Learn call and response, and ABAC to organize ideas and build phrases.
These books are the cumulative result of thirty five years of playing guitar, professionally playing for over twenty eight years, and performing over two thousand shows nationally. These books were developed over seventeen years while teaching in NYC averaging over fifty students a week in small groups and private lessons. Hundreds of students all having the same goal to learn lead guitar and so many of them having similar issues and misunderstandings about guitar and music.