Dart Apprentice (First Edition): Beginning Programming with Dart (Paperback)
There are many programming languages you can start learning today. But not many are as modern, easy to learn, object-oriented and scalable as Dart. Plus, combined with Flutter, Dart allows you to build native iOS, Android, web and desktop applications with a single code base.
Dart Apprentice will teach you all the basic concepts you need to master this language. Follow along with the clearly and thoroughly explained concepts and you'll be building Dart applications in a breeze.Who This Book Is For
Dart Apprentice is aimed at anyone interested in learning this new and modern programming language. If you're a beginner and want to start programming, this is great place to start. If you're an experienced programmer interested in learning Dart, here you'll find all the concepts you need to know. In either case, following along with this book, you'll be comfortable writing your own Dart programs in less time than you think.Topics covered in Dart Apprentice
- Expressions, Variables and Constants: The building blocks of the language
- Types and Operations: Static vs. dynamic typing, inference and strings
- Control Flow: Booleans, enums, switches, if statements and loops
- Functions: Named and anonymous functions, parameters and arrow syntax
- Classes: Objects, constructors, methods and properties
- Nullability: Null and how to handle it
- Collections: Lists, sets and maps
- Advanced classes: Inheritance, abstract classes, interfaces and mixins
- Asynchronous Programming: Concurrency, futures, streams and isolates
One thing you can count on: after reading this book, you'll be prepared to build your own applications using Dart.About the Tutorial Team
The Tutorial Team is a group of app developers and authors who write tutorials at the popular website raywenderlich.com. We take pride in making sure each tutorial we write holds to the highest standards of quality. We want our tutorials to be well written, easy to follow, and fun.
If you've enjoyed the tutorials we've written in the past, you're in for a treat. The chapters we've written for this book are some of our best yet - and this book contains detailed technical knowledge explained in a way you simply won't be able to find anywhere else.