Mastering Access 365: An Easy Guide to Building Efficient Databases for Managing Your Data (Paperback)
Whether you're new to Access or looking to refresh your skills on this popular desktop database application, you'll find everything you need to create efficient and robust database solutions for your data in this book.
Even if you have no formal database training, don't worry. This book starts from the basics and shows you how to structure your data for a relational database management system.
Clear, concise, and straightforward
This book offers clear and straightforward explanations on creating tables and relationships, building user-friendly forms, importing data from external sources, writing queries to answer questions, and presenting information with reports.
Practical examples for hands-on learning
Mastering Access 365 is a practical guide, using examples from a case study to demonstrate each aspect of Access. Screenshots illustrate the concepts, features, and tasks being discussed.
The best way to learn is through practice, so downloadable sample files have been provided to enable you to follow the examples in the book hands-on.
This book covers Access 2021 and the latest version of Access for Microsoft 365 (2022 update).
Learn how to:
- Plan your database, including how to capture and refine your data requirements.
- Structure your data design for efficient data storage.
- Create Access tables and define table relationships.
- Quickly generate feature-rich, user-friendly forms to simplify data entry.
- Write queries to answer questions and perform data updates.
- Build quick and powerful reports to present and analyze your data.
- Perform different data transformation tasks to clean up or organize your data.
- Import and export data to/from external sources like Excel, text files, and SQL Server.
- Split your database into front-end and back-end files in a multi-user environment.