Exploring Apple Mac - Sonoma Edition: The Illustrated, Practical Guide to Using MacOS (Paperback)
We've all been there before, glaring at a computer screen with no idea what to do - don't worry Exploring Apple Mac is here to help. Written by best-selling technology author, lecturer, and computer trainer Kevin Wilson, Exploring Apple Mac is packed with over 450 pages of full color screenshots, illustrations, helpful tips, and easy to follow instructions along with a growing library of video demos and tutorials.
Updated to cover the Sonoma release of MacOS, Exploring Apple Mac will help you understand the fundamentals of your Mac. You'll learn how to:
- Upgrade your Mac to Sonoma and explore new features such as Desktop Widgets, Video Conferencing Enhancements, and Safari Profiles
- Find your way around the desktop, dock, finder, and launchpad in MacOS Sonoma
- Master touch gestures, trackpads and the magic mouse to get around your Mac
- Use Notification Centre, Handoff, Spaces, Control Center, Universal Control, and Universal Clipboard in MacOS
- Organising files and folders in Finder in MacOS
- Browse the web with the Safari Web Browser safely and efficiently in MacOS
- Keep in touch with friends and family using email, iMessage, and FaceTime video chat on your mac
- Set important appointments with Calendar
- Keep the people you correspond with in the Contacts app
- Set yourself reminders and 'to-do' lists
- Check the weather on your mac
- Record voice memos
- Download countless apps from the App Store on your mac
- Catch up with your favourite podcasts and the latest news
- Read ebooks on your mac
- Find your way around with the Maps App, get directions, create guides, explore places in 3D, and use the interactive globe
- Use the clock app to set alarms, timers, and world clocks
- Stream music with Apple Music, buy tracks & albums from iTunes Store
- Stream TV programs & movies with the Apple TV App
- Getting started with Pages, Keynote and Numbers on your Mac
- Using iCloud storage on your Mac
- Use time machine to back up your data stored on your Mac
- Get to know Siri in MacOS
- Use the photos app to store and enhance your photos
- Create slideshows, photo albums and use iMovie to edit your home movies and more...
Finally, system updates and maintenance tips to help you keep your Mac running smoothly complete this invaluable guide. So order yourself a copy today, and keep it handy as you make your way around the new OS.
We want to create the best possible resource to help you, so if we've missed anything out then please get in touch using email@example.com and let us know. Thanks.