Exploring Apple Mac: Monterey Edition: The Illustrated, Practical Guide to Using MacOS (Paperback)
We've all been there before, glaring at a computer screen with no idea what to do - don't worry Exploring Apple Mac is here to help. Written by best-selling technology author, lecturer, and computer trainer Kevin Wilson, Exploring Apple Mac is packed with easy-to-follow instructions, photos, illustrations, helpful tips, and video demos.
Updated to cover the Monterey release of MacOS, Exploring Apple Mac will help you understand the fundamentals of your Mac. You'll learn how to:
- Upgrade your Mac to Monterey and explore new features
- Find your way around the desktop, dock, finder, and launchpad in MacOS
- Master touch gestures, trackpads and the magic mouse to get around your Mac
- Use Notification Centre, Handoff, Spaces, Control Center, Universal Control, and Universal Clipboard
- Organising files and folders in Finder
- Browse the web with the Safari Web Browser safely and efficiently
- Keep in touch with friends and family using email, iMessage, and FaceTime video chat
- Set important appointments with Calendar
- Keep the people you correspond with in the Contacts app
- Set yourself reminders and 'to-do' lists
- Check the weather
- Record voice memos
- Download countless apps from the App Store
- Catch up with your favourite podcasts and the latest news
- Read ebooks
- Find your way around with the Maps App, get directions, create guides, explore places in 3D, and use the new interactive globe
- Stream music with Apple Music, buy tracks & albums from iTunes Store
- Stream TV programs & movies with the Apple TV App
- Getting started with Pages, Keynote and Numbers on your Mac
- Using iCloud storage on your Mac
- Use time machine to back up your data
- Get to know Siri in MacOS
- Use the photos app to store and enhance your photos
- Create slideshows, photo albums and use iMovie to edit your home movies and more...
Finally, system updates and maintenance tips to help you keep your Mac running smoothly complete this invaluable guide. You'll want to keep this edition handy as you make your way around the new OS.
We want to create the best possible resource to help you, so if we've missed anything out then please get in touch using firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. Thanks.