Node.js Design Patterns - Third edition: Design and implement production-grade Node.js applications using proven patterns and techniques (Paperback)
Learn proven patterns, techniques, and tricks to take full advantage of the Node.js platform. Master well-known design principles to create applications that are readable, extensible, and that can grow big.
- Learn how to create solid server-side applications by leveraging the full power of Node.js 14
- Understand how Node.js works and learn how to take full advantage of its core components as well as the solutions offered by its ecosystem
- Avoid common mistakes and use proven patterns to create production grade Node.js applications
In this book, we will show you how to implement a series of best practices and design patterns to help you create efficient and robust Node.js applications with ease.
Throughout the book, you'll see Node.js in action with the help of several real-life examples leveraging technologies such as LevelDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, and many others. They will be used to demonstrate a pattern or technique, but they will also give you a great introduction to the Node.js ecosystem and its set of solutions.
What you will learn
- Become comfortable with writing asynchronous code by leveraging callbacks, promises, and the async/await syntax
- Leverage Node.js streams to create data-driven asynchronous processing pipelines
- Implement well-known software design patterns to create production grade applications
- Build and scale microservices and distributed systems powered by Node.js
- Use Node.js in conjunction with other powerful technologies such as Redis, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, and LevelDB
Who this book is for
This book assumes that you have an intermediate understanding of web application development, databases, and software design principles.