Unreal Engine 5 Game Development with C++ Scripting: Become a professional game developer and create fully functional, high-quality games (Paperback)
Expand your UE5 game development skills by leveraging C++ scripting and improve your game development abilities by building a game from scratch
Purchase of the print or Kindle book includes a free PDF eBook
- Learn C++ programming as well as C++ scripting for Unreal Engine 5
- Practice the UE5 scripting APIs through a game project to improve your knowledge and skills
- Explore essential techniques and development cycles including design, implementation, optimization, and publishing
Unreal Engine is one of the most popular and accessible game engines in the industry, creating multiple job opportunities. Owing to C++ scripting's high performance, advanced algorithms, and engineering maintenance, it has become the industry standard for developing commercial games. However, C++ scripting can be overwhelming for anyone without a programming background. Unreal Engine 5 Game Development with C++ Scripting will help you master C++ and get a head start on your game development journey.
You'll start by creating an Unreal Engine C++ project from the shooter template and then move on to building the C++ project and the C++ code inside the Visual Studio editor. You'll be introduced to the fundamental C++ syntax and essential object-oriented programming concepts. For a holistic understanding of game development, you'll also uncover various aspects of the game, including character creation, player input and character control, gameplay, collision detection, UI, networking, and packaging a completed multiplayer game.
By the end of this book, you'll be well-equipped to create professional, high-quality games using Unreal Engine 5 with C++, and will have built a solid foundation for more advanced C++ programming and game development technologies.
What You Will Learn:
- Develop coding skills in Microsoft Visual Studio and the Unreal Engine editor
- Discover C++ programming for Unreal Engine C++ scripting
- Understand object-oriented programming concepts and C++-specific syntax
- Explore NPC controls, collisions, interactions, navigation, UI, and the multiplayer mechanism
- Use the predefined Unreal Engine classes and the programming mechanism
- Write code to solve practical problems and accomplish tasks
- Implement solutions and methods used in game development
Who this book is for:
This book is for game designers, artists, software engineers, and students with some experience in using Unreal Engine and looking to explore the enigmatic C++ scripting. Basic experience with the UE editor is expected and blueprint scripting is a must. Familiarity with game concepts such as game level, lights, camera, actor/pawn/character, transformation, animation, and player control will be beneficial.