Democratizing Application Development with AppSheet: A citizen developer's guide to building rapid low-code apps with the powerful features of AppShee (Paperback)
A hands-on guide to building sophisticated business applications and automation using AppSheet to deliver business results quickly without writing lines of code
- Learn how the AppSheet Editor works to configure, test, and deploy a business app without writing lines of code
- Get hands-on experience with AppSheet by building a real-world application throughout the book
- Explore useful tips and tricks to develop custom functionalities in the app to meet unique business needs
This book enables citizen developers to create their own simple or medium complex hybrid apps for business or personal use. It shows you how to combine features to make your app more efficient and easy to use for the end user.
Many citizen developers regularly use spreadsheets in their business and day-to-day jobs. With AppSheet, you can take your spreadsheets to the next level by enhancing their ease of use. The platform allows citizen developers to run their business significantly more efficiently and manage it in the field outside of an office or indoor environment.
As a beginner in Appsheet, this book will show you how the AppSheet Editor works and how it is used to configure, test, and deploy an app and share it with others as users or co-authors. You'll learn about widely used features such as how to effectively use data sources, create app views and actions, construct expressions with AppSheet functions, and make your app secure through security options and user-friendly UX options. After that, you'll go on to create email /attachment templates and create reports/documents based on templates, store in the cloud, and send files through emails. You'll also understand how to integrate third-party services. You will learn how to monitor various usage statistics of your app. As you progress through the chapters, you will learn various features with the help of sample apps we have created for the book.
What You Will Learn:
- Discover how the AppSheet app is presented for app users
- Explore different views you can use and how to format your data with colors and icons
- Understand AppSheet functions such as Yes/No, text, math, list, date and time and build expressions with those functions
- Learn different actions such as data change, app navigation, external communication, CSV Import/Export
- Add/delete and define editing permissions and learn to broadcast notifications and inform users of changes
- Build a Bot through AppSheet Automation feature to automate various business workflows
Who this book is for:
This book is for beginner and intermediate citizen application developers in small or medium size businesses and business users who want to develop their own business apps. Basic knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel and an understanding of different spreadsheet formulas are required. Knowledge of SQL and basic software development is beneficial but not necessary.