Mastering Microsoft Power BI - Second Edition: Expert techniques to create interactive insights for effective data analytics and business intelligence (Paperback)
Plan, design, develop, and manage robust Power BI solutions to generate meaningful insights and make data-driven decisions
- Master the latest dashboarding and reporting features of Microsoft Power BI
- Combine data from multiple sources, create stunning visualizations and publish Power BI apps to thousands of users
- Get the most out of Microsoft Power BI with real-world use cases and examples
Mastering Microsoft Power BI, Second Edition, aims to provide an advanced understanding of Power BI to get the most out of your data and maximize business intelligence. This updated edition walks through each essential phase and component of Power BI, and explores the latest, most impactful Power BI features.
Using best practices and working code examples, you will connect to data sources, shape and enhance source data, and develop analytical data models. You will also learn how to apply custom visuals, implement new DAX commands and paginated SSRS-style reports, manage application workspaces and metadata, and understand how content can be staged and securely distributed via Power BI Apps. Furthermore, you will explore top report and interactive dashboard design practices using features such as Bookmarks and the Power KPI visual, alongside the latest capabilities of Power BI mobile applications and Self-Service BI techniques. Additionally, important management and administration topics are covered, including application lifecycle management via Power BI Pipelines, the On-Premises Data Gateway, and Power BI Premium capacity.
By the end of this Power BI book, you will be confident in creating sustainable and impactful charts, tables, reports, and dashboards with any kind of data using Microsoft Power BI.
What You Will Learn:
- Build efficient data retrieval and transformation processes with the Power Query M language and dataflows
- Design scalable, user-friendly DirectQuery, Import, and Composite Data Models
- Create basic and advanced DAX measures
- Add ArcGIS Maps to create interesting data stories
- Build pixel-perfect paginated reports
- Discover the capabilities of Power BI mobile applications
- Manage and monitor a Power BI environment as a Power BI administrator
- Scale up a Power BI solution for an enterprise via Power BI Premium capacity
Who this book is for:
Business Intelligence professionals and intermediate Power BI users looking to master Power BI for all their data visualization and dashboarding needs will find this book useful. An understanding of basic BI concepts is required and some familiarity with Microsoft Power BI will be helpful to make the most out of this book.