Lonely Planet Rio de Janeiro 10 (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Rio de Janeirois your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Samba the night away in Lapa, people-watch and sip sunset cocktails on Ipanema Beach, and get up close to Christ the Redeemer and marvel at the panoramic view - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Rio de Janeiro and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Rio de Janeiro:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, drink, sport, politics
- Covers Ipanema, Leblon, Gavea, Jardim Botanico, Lagoa, Copacabana, Leme, Botafogo, Urca, Flamengo, Centro, Cinelandia, Santa Teresa, Lapa, Zona Norte, Barra da Tijuca, Western Rio, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Rio de Janeiro is our most comprehensive guide to Rio de Janeiro, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Brazil for an in-depth guide to the country.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveler's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017