Lonely Planet New Orleans 8 (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's New Orleansis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take the St Charles streetcar past grand homes and enormous oaks, catch some jazz on Frenchmen St and search out po'boy perfection - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Orleans and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's New OrleansTravel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers French Quarter, Faubourg Marigny & Bywater, CBD & Warehouse District, Garden, Lower Garden & Central City, Uptown & Riverbend, Mid-City, the Tremé, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's New Orleans is our most comprehensive guide to New Orleans, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA for an in-depth look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveler's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)