The Vulva Owner's Manual on Birth Control: Finding Your Best Option for Contraception (Paperback)
What is the most expensive form of family planning over the course of a lifetime?
What is the best method of contraception for teenagers?
Which contraceptive methods do not require partner agreement or cooperation?
What is the only method of family planning that is controlled by a woman and protects against sexually transmitted infections (STIs)?
The answers to these questions might surprise you.
A woman's requirements for birth control change throughout her lifetime. Cost, effectiveness, control, STI protection, advantages, disadvantages, convenience - there are so many things to consider and all of them are important It is easy to be overwhelmed. This short book is packed with information to help you find the most effective contraceptive that is right for you now including:
- Four simple recommendations that will lead you to contraceptive success
- The latest information on every form of birth control available to you
- A checklist to help you consider your priorities
- Decision trees that can narrow down your search
- A personal worksheet that helps you find your best options
- Details about emergency contraception that every woman should know
Kristine Shields MSN, DrPH, a women's health nurse practitioner with a doctorate in public health, is dedicated to women's health and empowerment. Dr. Shields compiles the most concise, positive, and helpful information in one place - The Vulva Owner's Manuals - to inform, comfort, and empower you to stay safe, sane, and healthy.