The Headache-Free Wonders of Functional Orthodontics: A Concerned Parent's Guide: How to Choose Proper Orthodontic Care for Your Child or Yourself (Paperback)
Searching for the proper orthodontic care? You've come to the right place.
Written for the layperson by the renowned Terrance J. Spahl, DDS, The Headache-Free Wonders of Functional Orthodontics is a little book that packs a big punch. In it, Dr. Spahl outlines how underlying jaw dysfunction can lead to a host of sinister medical issues in children, including TMD (temporomandibular joint pain dysfunction); chronic, recurrent tension-type headaches; migraines; and other serious issues.
Specifically, you'll learn about:
- The inadequacy, in many cases, of traditional metal braces
- How to avoid the "orthodontic look" and ensure a full, beautiful, natural-looking smile for your child
- The revolutionary use (and success) of European-style removable functional appliances
- The role of orthodontics and orthopedics in solving the underlying source of crooked and misaligned jaws/teeth
- Practical solutions for adult patients living with TMD
Witty, illuminating, and---most of all---unflaggingly hopeful, The Headache-Free Wonders of Functional Orthodontics will forever change the way you approach your family's orthodontic care, providing the tools and resources you need to navigate the complex landscape of orthodontics and select the best treatment plan for your child (or yourself).
Bad bites and headaches everywhere: beware
The orthodontic revolution is underway.