Moon Best of Yellowstone & Grand Teton: Make the Most of One to Three Days in the Parks (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
- Easy itineraries for one to three days in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, from an afternoon sighting of Old Faithful, to a hike to Inspiration Point, to a weekend exploring both parks with mix-and-match itineraries
- The top hikes in Yellowstone and Grand Teton: Whether you're looking to stretch your legs for a couple hours or challenge yourself to an epic trek, you'll find trailheads, detailed trail descriptions, individual maps, mileage, and elevation gains
- Can't-miss experiences: Make it the perfect getaway for you with the best lakes, views, picnic spots, and more. Hike through alpine forests to rushing waterfalls and panoramic lakeside views, or catch a glimpse of bison, elk, wolves, or bears. Take in the colorful radiance of Grand Prismatic Spring or stroll the boardwalks along Mammoth Hot Springs
- Stunning full-color photos and maps throughout, plus a full-color foldout map
- Essential planning tips: Find out when to go, where to stay, and what to pack, plus up-to-date information on entrance fees, reservations, and safety advice
- Know-how from outdoors expert and former park ranger Becky Lomax
Visiting more of North America's incredible national parks? Try Moon USA National Parks.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
During college, she worked summers in Glacier National Park. After teaching high school English for many years outside Seattle, she and her husband moved to Montana, where she served as a hiking and backpacking guide in Glacier, worked at a ski resort, and began to write about the outdoors. She relishes visiting national parks to hike, bike, backpack, kayak, and raft.
Through her writing, she advocates for conserving wild places for their unique attributes and the renewal they bring to humans. She has written about hiking trails, historic lodges and roads, camping, paddling, skiing, bicycling, wildlife, wildflowers, birds, and climate change. For magazine stories, she has tagged along with biologists into the field to radio collar bighorn sheep and grizzly bears, even touching the bear's claws and smelling its fur to discover its earthy scent.
Becky is the author of the bestselling Moon USA National Parks, and has published stories in several national travel magazines including Smithsonian and Backpacker. She has also authored Moon Glacier National Park and Moon Montana, Wyoming, & Idaho Camping.