The Iron Disorders Institute Guide to Anemia (Paperback)
Unravel the mysteries behind anemia's diverse forms, from iron deficiency anemia to hemolytic and aplastic anemia, and gain a deep understanding of their underlying mechanisms. Empower yourself with the treatments and prevention strategies, carefully curated by the Iron Disorders Institute.
Inside these pages, you'll find:
- Comprehensive explanations of different types of anemia, their prevalence, and risk factors.
- An in-depth exploration of iron metabolism, absorption, and utilization in the body.
- Expert advice on diagnosing anemia accurately, distinguishing its various forms, and addressing related health concerns.
- Essential dietary guidelines and supplementation recommendations to combat iron deficiency and optimize iron levels.
- Practical tips on managing anemia-related symptoms, such as fatigue, weakness, and shortness of breath, to enhance your overall well-being.
Empower yourself with the knowledge to promote healing, vitality, and a healthier life.
Cheryl Garrison was instrumental in her son's diagnosis and treatment for iron overload in 1997 and is now the founding director of the Iron Disorders Institute where she developed the institute's publications, including idInsight Magazine and the books Guide to Hemochromatosis, Guide to Anemia, and The Hemochromatosis Cookbook.