Jesus and Women - Bible Study Book: In the First Century and Now (Paperback)
Imagine walking the dusty roads of Galilee with Jesus of Nazareth--braving jostling crowds just to touch the edge of His cloak and hear Him say, "Take heart, daughter, your faith has healed you." Those words, once meant to comfort a hurting woman's soul thousands of years ago, were also meant for you. Join biblical culturalist Kristi McLelland on those dusty roads as she transports you back to Jesus' world, following in the footsteps of the women who came face-to-face with the Living God. Over 7 sessions, examine the historical and cultural climate of first-century Middle Eastern society to not only understand Jesus more deeply but to fuel your worship of Him today. Additional purchase or renting of the video teaching sessions is recommended for the best experience of this Bible study book. Features:
- Leader guide to lead discussions within small groups
- Personal study segments to complete between 7 weeks of group sessions
- Glossary of Hebrew and biblical terms
- Photographs of Israel with commentary of cultural and historical significance
- Essential teaching videos, approximately 60 minutes per session, available for purchase or rent
- Explore how Jesus generously restores dignity and honor to women in the first century and now.
- Gain deeper insight into the biblical world, including fresh perspective on familiar Bible stories.
- Discover the Bible through the lens of Middle Eastern culture.
Kristi McLelland is a speaker, teacher, and college professor. Since completing her Masters in Christian Education at Dallas Theological Seminary, she has dedicated her life to teaching people how to study the Bible for themselves, discipleship, and writing about how God is better than we ever knew by explaining the Bible through a Middle Eastern lens. Her great desire for people to truly experience the love of God has birthed her desire to lead biblical study trips to Israel, Turkey, Greece, and Italy.