Designing for Behavior Change: Applying Psychology and Behavioral Economics (Paperback)
Designers and managers hope their products become essential for users--integrated into their lives like Instagram, Lyft, and others have become. Such deep integration isn't accidental: it's a process of careful design and iterative learning, especially for technology companies. This guide shows you how to apply behavioral science--research that supports many products--to help your users achieve their goals using your product.
In this updated edition, Stephen Wendel, head of behavioral science at Morningstar, takes you step-by-step through the process of incorporating behavioral science into product design and development. Product managers, UX and interaction designers, and data analysts will learn a simple and effective approach for identifying target users and behaviors, building the product, and gauging its effectiveness.
- Learn the three main strategies to help people change behavior
- Identify behaviors your target audience seeks to change--and obstacles that stand in their way
- Develop effective designs that are enjoyable to use
- Measure your product's impact and learn ways to improve it
- Combine behavioral science with data science to pinpoint problems and test potential solutions