Field Guide to the Micro-moths of Great Britain and Ireland: 2nd edition (Bloomsbury Wildlife Guides) (Paperback)
Fully revised and expanded second edition of a ground-breaking book that made the fascinating micro-moth group accessible to the general naturalist.
Key updates to the second edition include:
- addition of c. 300 new species, taking the total covered to more than 1,300
- more than 100 new artworks added to the introduction and colour plate section
- names and species order revised to reflect the latest published taxonomy
- many more common names now included
- all maps replaced with up-to-date species distributions
- new colour photographs throughout, including many that will help with identifying larval stages
- index revised by species name.
Praise for the first edition:
'Here, at long last, is a warm and inviting introduction to the broad subject of British microlepidoptera' - Birdguides
Phil Sterling and Mark Parsons are both writers, researchers and entomologists who work at the Butterfly Conservation. They are also Fellows of the Royal Entomological Society and members of the British Entomological and Natural History Society.
Richard Lewington is an acknowledged leader in the field of insect illustration whose meticulous paintings of wildlife have appeared in numerous field guides, including The Butterflies of Britain and Ireland.