The Financial Times Guide to Business Coaching (FT Guides) (Paperback)
In the ten years since the much-praised first edition, coaching has become a core requirement for
leadership. It's a core part of business school programmes, it's the norm on all leadership development programmes, and all leaders and managers now have to be able to coach. The FT Guide to Business Coaching is the book on which many leaders rely, and this updated edition will give readers a comprehensive introduction to coaching.
Being a successful business coach means having exceptional listening skills, asking great questions and
applying the best techniques at just the right time. But how do you learn to do that?
The Financial Times Guide to Business Coaching shows you the way. It gives you a sure footing in the
basics and provides you with a step-by-step overview of all the tools and techniques you need to build
your own unique and well-grounded approach as a coach. Ultimately it enables you to take your coaching from good to great. This indispensible guide covers:
- The business of coaching
- The coaches
- Do you have what it takes?
- Develop your coaching: first steps
- Building your basic coaching skills: the 'Big Five'
- Building coaching skills: the different approaches
- Deepening your coaching skills: working with individual difference
- Advanced coaching: from individuals to groups
- Advanced coaching: coaching for career transitions
- Advanced coaching: motivation and change
- Why it works
- Building a freelance coaching business