Endodontic Microbiology (Hardcover)
Endodontic Microbiology, Second Edition presents a comprehensive reference to the microbiology, pathogenesis, management, and healing of endodontic pathosis, emphasizing the importance of biological sciences in understanding and managing endodontic disease and its interaction with systemic health.
- Provides a major revision to the first book to focus on the problems related to microbes in the root canal and periapical tissues
- Updates current knowledge in endodontic pathosis, especially regarding next generation sequencing and microbial virulence
- Presents useful diagrams, images, radiographs, and annotated histological images to illustrate the concepts
- Emphasizes the importance of biological science in understanding and managing endodontic disease
- Includes contributions from the leading researchers and educators in the field
Ashraf F. Fouad, DDS, MS, is Freedland Distinguished Professor and Chair in the Department of Endodontics at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA.