Introduction to Medicinal Cannabis: A Practical Guide for Health Professionals and Patients (Paperback)
This book is designed to be a comprehensive introduction to medicinal cannabis for health professionals as well as patients wanting to discover the therapeutical benefits of the cannabis plant.
With this book you'll learn:
- Dr Towpik's personal experience in prescribing medicinal cannabis
- Cannabis plant, its classification, main components and history
- Endocannabinoid system and how it works in the human body
- Endocannabinoid deficiency syndrome theory
- Pharmacology and properties of THC, CBD, minor cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids
- Various clinical applications, current evidence and mechanisms of action
- Patients care, various treatment considerations, dosing, monitoring, application process in Australia
- Follow up patient management and monitoring
In text references, allowing the reader to start their own research and further deepen the knowledge about medicinal cannabis.