Texas Edible Wild Plant Foraging (Paperback)
The act of Foraging is the earliest and most natural way of gathering edibles in human evolution.
Given the extensive natural gift in the Texas, foraging wild edible fruits, berries, and plants become the most satisfying experience.
Humans have been foraging since the dawn of civilization. It was the primary means of sustenance for our prehistoric ancestors. Chances are, even you have foraged and probably did not realize that you were doing it.
Have you ever picked wild berries from a nearby park or plucked herbs from a neighborhood garden? Well, these are both instances of Foraging.
This book is a visual journey with:
★ Colored Interior
★ 80 + images
★ 20 edible plants in Texas
If you are looking for a short, crisp, and visually pleasing account of all Foraging steps concerning Texas, this is where you land
The topics covered are:
- Chapter 1: Foraging in Texas: What's Legal and Not.
- Chapter 2: Ethical Foraging
- Chapter 3: Why Forage-Benefits
- Chapter 4: Foraging in Texas: Where to Forage
- Chapter 5: What to Forage: Meet 20 Wild Edible plants, Mushrooms, and Trees of Texas
- Chapter 6: Storing Foraged Goods
- Chapter 7: Let's Cook: 10 Edible Wild Plant Recipes
- Chapter 8: Additional Texas Foraging Info: Foraging Zones and 12 types of edible plants
- Appendix - Foraging Tips, Foraging Classes & Tours in Texas, Mushroom Identification Logbook Pages
You can't simply head out right into the woods without proper guidance and someone's experience. With direction, support, and experience, you can quickly become a Texas foraging pro.
So what are you waiting for?
"Add to cart" this concise, crisp, and to-the-point book to start your journey towards Texas Foraging