ICD-10-CM/PCs Coding: Theory and Practice, 2023/2024 Edition (Paperback)
Learn facility-based coding by actually working with codes. ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice provides an in-depth understanding of inpatient diagnosis and procedure coding to those who are just learning to code, as well as to experienced professionals who need to solidify and expand their knowledge. Featuring basic coding principles, clear examples, and challenging exercises, this text helps explain why coding is necessary for reimbursement, the basics of the health record, and rules, guidelines, and functions of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding.
- 30-day access to TruCode(R) Encoder Essentials gives students experience with using an encoder software, plus access to additional encoder practice exercises on the Evolve website.
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provide fast, easy access to instructions on proper application of codes.
- Coverage of both common and complex procedures prepares students for inpatient procedural coding using ICD-10-PCS.
- Numerous and varied examples and exercises within each chapter break the material into manageable segments and help students gauge learning while reinforcing important concepts.
- Illustrations and examples of key diseases help in understanding how commonly encountered conditions relate to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Strong coverage of medical records provides a context for coding and familiarizes students with documents they will encounter on the job.
- Illustrated, full-color design emphasizes important content such as anatomy and physiology and visually reinforces key concepts.
- Evolve website offers students online access to additional practice exercises, coding guidelines, answer keys, coding updates, and more.