Mosby's Textbook for Medication Assistants (Paperback)
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to give medication with this new easy-to-read textbook. Thorough and complete, this text covers all of the basic principles and techniques of medication administration. It also provides an overview of common drugs, their effects and side effects, and key safety issues that include medication interactions, common errors, over-the-counter medications, and medication use in older adults.
- Clear, easy-to-read writing style makes it easy to understand what you've read.
- Attractive, full-color presentation keeps your interest.
- Hundreds of full-color drawings and photos illustrate key techniques and concepts.
- Focus on Communication boxes show you how to clearly communicate with patients and residents and avoid comments that might make them uncomfortable.
- Focus on Older Persons boxes prepare you to address the special needs, considerations, and circumstances of older patients.
- Promoting Safety and Comfort boxes explain measures and cautions you can use to improve patient safety and comfort.
- Procedures are divided into manageable segments with step-by-step instructions to follow for each skill.
- Delegation Guidelines prepare you for the responsibilities of specific delegated tasks.
- Arithmetic Review in the Appendix reviews the basic math skills you need for calculating and checking medication dosages.
- UNIQUE Key Abbreviations and Acronyms at the beginning of each chapter familiarize you with commonly used abbreviations.
- Key Terms defined at the beginning of each chapter prepare you to better understand chapter content.
- Chapter Review Questions at the end of each chapter help you evaluate your learning.
- Workbook available separately contains a wide variety of exercises and activities to enhance and evaluate your learning.