Handbook of Sound Studio Construction: Rooms for Recording and Listening (Paperback)
Design and build your own audiophile-grade recording and playback environments using proven, cost-effective plans and techniques. Handbook of Sound Studio Construction: Rooms for Recording and Listening explains practical acoustical properties and describes how to engineer acoustically sensitive spaces, including music recording studios, control rooms, voice studios, home project studios, A/V suites, media rooms, and surround-sound home theaters.
Learn how to choose room dimensions, select building materials, construct your own custom treatments, maximize isolation, and generate and analyze response curves. This do-it-yourself guide incorporates decades of roomdesignexperience and provides you with the practical knowledge to design and build your own acoustical spaces or improve existing spaces.
- An introduction to room acoustics and acoustical design
- Reflecting, absorbing, and diffusing materials
- Room geometry, modes, and treatment
- Acoustic isolation, site selection, and HVAC design
- Wall, floor, and ceiling construction
- Window and door design considerations
- Reverberation times, early reflections, and psychoacoustics
- Objective and subjective room evaluation
- Plans and specifications for 10 recording and listening rooms