A Parisian Experience
with Bestselling Mystery Writer Cara Black
Sunday, October 25 to Saturday, October 31 (Fully Booked)
Sunday, November 1 to Saturday, November 7
Politics & Prose invites you to join us and other Cara Black mystery-lovers for an exclusive and affordable week in Paris. You’ll spend time with Cara exploring some of the most memorable scenes associated with the cases private investigator Aimée Leduc has solved in several books. And you’ll also have time to spend in some of the small gems of Paris—the lesser-known museums, the spectacular parks, the off-the-beaten-track cafés, the hidden passages that are home to specialty boutiques, antiquarian-book stores and other treasures.
Whether you’ve been to Paris before or not, you’ll get to know the city in a more intimate way. On some days, Cara will lead you to the “scene of the crime” and other settings you’ve read about in the Aimée Leduc series. On other days, you’ll choose from a couple of options what you’d like to do that day.
Our trip leaders Donna Morris and Sheila Campbell of Best Friend in Paris have managed a number of sold-out Paris experiences for Politics & Prose—trips that earn rave reviews from participants. They’ll lead us in small groups, via Metro or city buses, moving about the city like Parisians. You can spend as much time—or as little—with the group as you like.
Donna and Sheila will help you find the things you’re most interested in, and tell you the best way to get there. They function as your friends on the ground, depending on your needs. You’ll learn about the most enticing patisseries, confiseries, salons du thé and where to find the very best caramels au buerre salé.
Our boutique hotel is located in the Paris neighborhood depicted so movingly in The Hare with the Amber Eyes, in the 8th arrondissement, a short walk from a scene in one of Cara’s books. We will meet in the hotel salon each evening with a book expert from Politics & Prose to sample French wines and discuss the days’ events, with a bit of book talk thrown into the mix. For dinner, we’ll break into small groups, depending on participants’ desires; our leaders will help you with reservations. No one will ever dine alone—unless he or she prefers solitude!
READY TO PACK YOUR BAGS?
The cost of the trip is $3950 a person, based on single occupancy. Here’s what’s included:
- Six nights at the Hotel Relais Monceau in the stylish 8th arrondissement
- Hot breakfast every morning, including bacon and eggs, with fresh squeezed orange juice
- Paris Navigo pass for Metro and buses
- Six-day museum pass
- Three morning and two evening experiences with writer Cara Black
- Wine socials every evening with the trip leaders and a staff member of Politics & Prose
- Full set of Paris Metro maps by arrondissement
- On several days, your choice of activities. Donna or Sheila will accompany you and others, or you can set off on your own
- Directions for how to get to all the significant places on the trip by Metro or bus from the hotel, and how to return—plus guidance on what to see and where to eat
- Restaurant reservations made for you if you like. We’ll provide you with a list of the Paris restaurants and places where the French dine that many Americans haven’t discovered.
- Personal consultations with Donna and Sheila to help you plan your days
What’s not included: lunches and dinners, transport to and from the airport, tickets to museums and attractions not covered by the museum pass, your flight to Paris and back home and anything else not listed above.
You can reserve your place on the trip with a $500 deposit, payable by check, made out to Wild Blue Yonder (Wild Blue Yonder, 1001 Spring Street, Suite 623, Silver Spring, MD 20910). If you’d rather pay with a credit card via PayPal (there’s a 3% surcharge), let us know (email Sheila at SCampbell@wildblueyonder.biz) and we’ll send you a PayPal invoice.
If you have more questions, contact: