- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Scott Wiener - Viva La Pizza!: Pizza Boxes from Around the World — at Comet Ping Pong
Nov 13 2013 7:00 pm
Nov 13 2013 8:00 pm
Join Wiener, a leading commentator on all things related to pizza, as he discusses the often overlooked pizza box. Not just a practical tool for keeping that hot pie in one piece, the box has a design history of its own, as well as being a vivid showcase for colorful and clever graphics.
This event will also include a PIZZA BOX DECORATING CONTEST! Come prepared to doodle your way to a free bar tab (up to $100). Designs will be judged by author Scott Weiner.
- Comet Ping Pong
- 5037 Connecticut Ave NW
- Washington ,
- District Of Columbia
- Postal Code:
- United States
All our in-store events are free and open to the public. Click here for directions. There is ample parking available in the lot behind the store and in the surrounding neighborhood.
If you can't come to an event and still want an autographed copy of the book, you may purchase titles in advance either in the store, over the phone (202.364.1919 or 1.800.722.0790), or through our website.
When buying online, simply use the checkout comments field to indicate that you would like us to request the author's signature at our event before shipping it to you.
All event-related inquiries can be sent to our Events Coordinator, Sarah Baline, at email@example.com. For Children and Teens' Events, contact Kerri Poore at firstname.lastname@example.org.