- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Paul Pope - Battling Boy — at Takoma Park Library
Oct 10 2013 7:30 pm
Oct 10 2013 8:30 pm
Best known for his graphic novels, Pope—in his new book for younger readers—vividly depicts Acropolis, where child-eating monsters roam the streets. The townspeople pin their hopes on Battling Boy, a demigod sent to save them—if he can. Ages 10 and up.
- Takoma Park Library
- 101 Philadelphia Avenue
- Takoma Park ,
- Postal Code:
- United States
All our in-store events are free and open to the public. Click here for directions. There is ample parking available in the lot behind the store and in the surrounding neighborhood.
If you can't come to an event and still want an autographed copy of the book, you may purchase titles in advance either in the store, over the phone (202.364.1919 or 1.800.722.0790), or through our website.
When buying online, simply use the checkout comments field to indicate that you would like us to request the author's signature at our event before shipping it to you.
All event-related inquiries can be sent to our Events Coordinator, Sarah Baline, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Children and Teens' Events, contact Kerri Poore at email@example.com.