- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Neil Gaiman - The Ocean at the End of the Lane — at GW Lisner - SOLD OUT
Jun 21 2013 7:00 pm
Jun 21 2013 8:00 pm
DOORS OPEN AT 6 p.m.
at GW Lisner Auditorium
730 21st Street NW
Metro: Foggy Bottom
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers—#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman—comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, The Ocean at the End of the Lane (Wm. Morrow, $25.99) captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
This event is sold out and, as of June 19, we can no longer accept pre-orders for signed books. Apologies for any inconvenience.
- Neil Gaiman will sign all copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane purchased from Politics & Prose.
- Due to time constraints, Neil will sign up to ONE additional title per person, personalized with first names only.
- Neil will not pose for photos.
- Flash photography and video are not permitted before, during, or after the discussion and signing.
- Signing guidelines may be subject to change.
- GW Lisner Auditorium
- 730 21st Street NW
- Washington ,
- District Of Columbia
- Postal Code:
- United States
All our in-store events are free and open to the public. Click here for directions. There is ample parking available in the lot behind the store and in the surrounding neighborhood.
If you can't come to an event and still want an autographed copy of the book, you may purchase titles in advance either in the store, over the phone (202.364.1919 or 1.800.722.0790), or through our website.
When buying online, simply use the checkout comments field to indicate that you would like us to request the author's signature at our event before shipping it to you.
If you purchase a book and ticket package for one of our co-sponsored events held outside of the store but are unable to attend, we will hold the book at our store for up to six months. If you are unable to pick up the book, please call us to arrange shipping. Although we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee the book will be signed by the author for those customers unable to attend the event.
All event-related inquiries can be sent to our Director of Programs and Events, Susan Coll, at email@example.com. For Children and Teens' Events, contact Kerri Poore at firstname.lastname@example.org.