- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Neil Gaiman - The Ocean at the End of the Lane — at GW Lisner - SOLD OUT
Jun 21 2013 7:00 pm
Jun 21 2013 8:00 pm
DOORS OPEN AT 6 p.m.
at GW Lisner Auditorium
730 21st Street NW
Metro: Foggy Bottom
From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers—#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman—comes his first adult novel in eight years. Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, The Ocean at the End of the Lane (Wm. Morrow, $25.99) captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty. In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
This event is sold out and, as of June 19, we can no longer accept pre-orders for signed books. Apologies for any inconvenience.
- Neil Gaiman will sign all copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane purchased from Politics & Prose.
- Due to time constraints, Neil will sign up to ONE additional title per person, personalized with first names only.
- Neil will not pose for photos.
- Flash photography and video are not permitted before, during, or after the discussion and signing.
- Signing guidelines may be subject to change.
- GW Lisner Auditorium
- 730 21st Street NW
- Washington ,
- District Of Columbia
- Postal Code:
- United States
All our in-store events are free and open to the public. Click here for directions. There is ample parking available in the lot behind the store and in the surrounding neighborhood.
If you can't come to an event and still want an autographed copy of the book, you may purchase titles in advance either in the store, over the phone (202.364.1919 or 1.800.722.0790), or through our website.
When buying online, simply use the checkout comments field to indicate that you would like us to request the author's signature at our event before shipping it to you.
All event-related inquiries can be sent to our Events Coordinator, Sarah Baline, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Children and Teens' Events, contact Kerri Poore at email@example.com.