Heraldo Muñoz - Getting Away with Murder — at GW Jack Morton Auditorium
at GW Jack Morton Auditorium
805 21st Street NW
Metro: Foggy Bottom
Who killed Benazir Bhutto? Possible suspects have ranged from the military dictator Musharraf to Pakistani security agents to Bhutto’s own husband. In Getting Away with Murder (W. W. Norton, $26.95), Muñoz, United Nations Assistant Secretary General, delves into the murky world of Pakistani politics and the infamous Bhutto family, who rival the Kennedys in charisma, power, and tragedy. His year-long investigation frames a story of betrayals, corruption, foreign influence, turbulent politics, and unsolved political assassinations—all of which led to the death of the country’s leading politician. With impeccable research and insight, Muñoz situates Bhutto in a surprisingly deep, decades-long history of U.S.-Pakistan ties and the emergence of global terrorism, pinpointing the assassination as the moment when U.S.-Pakistani relations were changed forever.
Muñoz will be in conversation with Washington Post’s Pamela Constable.
This event is part of The Newsmakers Series, co-sponsored with GW Lisner.
- 1 ticket = $25; $20 for members
- 1 book + 1 ticket = $35; $30 for members
- 1 book + 2 tickets = $45; $40 for members
Click Here to purchase.
- All books and tickets will be available at will-call.
- Politics & Prose will not have books or tickets available for pick up prior to the evening of the event.
- Doors and will-call open at 6 p.m.
- Seating is general admission.
CAN'T ATTEND THE EVENT?
- If you'd like a signed book for this or any author event, click "add to cart"
- Signed books require pre-payment.
- We ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (shipping charges apply).