- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Politics & Place
- Made In The USA: American Literature
- Literature Of The British Isles: Classic & Contemporary
- Thrillers & Chillers
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Elizabeth Smart - My Story — at The Marvin Center ✯✯VENUE CHANGE
Oct 10 2013 7:00 pm
Oct 10 2013 8:00 pm
at The Marvin Center, Grand Ballroom (3rd Floor)
800 21st NW
Metro: Foggy Bottom
Activist, speaker, and head of a foundation working to prevent crimes against children, Smart has come a long way from the night in 2002 when she was abducted. Her memoir, My Story (St. Martin's Press, $25.99), recounts what she endured, how she survived, and what she’s achieved in the ten years since. This event is part of The Newsmakers Series, co-sponsored with GW Lisner.
- 1 ticket = $25; $20 for members
- 1 book + 1 ticket = $35; $30 for members
- 1 book + 2 tickets = $45; $40 for members
Click Here to purchase.
- This event will include a signing.
- All books and tickets will be available at will-call.
- Politics & Prose will not have books or tickets available for pick up prior to the evening of the event.
- Doors and will-call open at 6 p.m.
- Seating is general admission.
CAN'T ATTEND THE EVENT?
- If you'd like a signed book for this or any author event, click "add to cart"
- Signed books require pre-payment.
- We ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (shipping charges apply).
- The Marvin Center, Grand ballroom (3rd Floor)
- 800 21st NW
- Washington ,
- District Of Columbia
- Postal Code:
- United States
All our in-store events are free and open to the public. Click here for directions. There is ample parking available in the lot behind the store and in the surrounding neighborhood.
If you can't come to an event and still want an autographed copy of the book, you may purchase titles in advance either in the store, over the phone (202.364.1919 or 1.800.722.0790), or through our website.
When buying online, simply use the checkout comments field to indicate that you would like us to request the author's signature at our event before shipping it to you.
If you purchase a book and ticket package for one of our co-sponsored events held outside of the store but are unable to attend, we will hold the book at our store for up to six months. If you are unable to pick up the book, please call us to arrange shipping. Although we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee the book will be signed by the author for those customers unable to attend the event.
All event-related inquiries can be sent to our Director of Programs and Events, Susan Coll, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For Children and Teens' Events, contact Kerri Poore at email@example.com.