- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Doris Kearns Goodwin - The Bully Pulpit — at GW Lisner Auditorium
Nov 12 2013 7:00 pm
Nov 12 2013 8:00 pm
at GW Lisner Auditorium
730 21st Street NW
Metro: Foggy Bottom
Doris Kearns Goodwin
From Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream to No Ordinary Time to Team of Rivals, Goodwin has chronicled some of the pivotal moments of American history. In The Bully Pulpit (Simon & Schuster, $40) she looks back to 1908, when Theodore Roosevelt left office. Roosevelt was outraged when Taft pandered to big business—undoing all the work Roosevelt and the nation’s muckraking journalists had done to clean things up. Goodwin tells a great story, and traces its lasting political consequences. Goodwin will be in conversation with Steve Inskeep host of NPR's Morning Edition. This event is part of The Newsmakers Series, co-sponsored with GW Lisner.
- 1 ticket = $35; $30 for members
- 1 book + 1 ticket = $50; $45 for members
- 1 book + 2 tickets = $60; $55 for members
Click Here to purchase.
- All books and tickets will be available at will-call.
- Politics & Prose will not have books or tickets available for pick up prior to the evening of the event.
- Doors and will-call open at 6 p.m.
- Seating is general admission.
CAN'T ATTEND THE EVENT?
- If you'd like a signed book for this or any author event, click "add to cart"
- Signed books require pre-payment.
- We ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (shipping charges apply).
- GW Lisner Auditorium
- 730 21st Street NW
- Washington ,
- District Of Columbia
- Postal Code:
- United States
All our in-store events are free and open to the public. Click here for directions. There is ample parking available in the lot behind the store and in the surrounding neighborhood.
If you can't come to an event and still want an autographed copy of the book, you may purchase titles in advance either in the store, over the phone (202.364.1919 or 1.800.722.0790), or through our website.
When buying online, simply use the checkout comments field to indicate that you would like us to request the author's signature at our event before shipping it to you.
If you purchase a book and ticket package for one of our co-sponsored events held outside of the store but are unable to attend, we will hold the book at our store for up to six months. If you are unable to pick up the book, please call us to arrange shipping. Although we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee the book will be signed by the author for those customers unable to attend the event.
All event-related inquiries can be sent to our Director of Programs and Events, Susan Coll, at email@example.com. For Children and Teens' Events, contact Kerri Poore at firstname.lastname@example.org.