- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Politics & Place
- Made In The USA: American Literature
- Literature Of The British Isles: Classic & Contemporary
- Thrillers & Chillers
- The Business Of Writing
- An Exclusive Dinner at Buck's Fishing & Camping with Author Kathleen Flinn
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Billy Collins - Aimless Love — at Sidwell Friends School
Oct 22 2013 7:00 pm
Oct 22 2013 8:00 pm
at Sidwell Friends School
3825 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20016
Billy Collins, the two-term Poet Laureate of the United States, discusses his first compilation of new and selected poems in twelve years. Aimless Love (Random House, $26) touches on the themes of love, loss, joy, and poetry itself. Collins writes with a flair that attracts readers who generally shy away from poetry. These poems showcase the best work of this important poet.
- 1 book + 1 ticket = $30; $25 for members
- 1 book + 2 tickets = $35; $30 for members
- Additional tickets require additional book purchases.
Click Here to purchase.
- This event will include a signing.
- Doors and will-call open at 6 p.m.
- Politics & Prose will not have books or tickets available for pick up prior to the evening of the event.
- Seating is general admission.
CAN'T ATTEND THE EVENT?
- If you'd like a signed book for this or any author event, click "add to cart"
- Signed books require pre-payment.
- We ship anywhere in the United States and to most international locations (shipping charges apply).
- Sidwell Friends School
- 3825 Wisconsin Avenue NW
- Washington ,
- District Of Columbia
- Postal Code:
- United States
All our in-store events are free and open to the public. Click here for directions. There is ample parking available in the lot behind the store and in the surrounding neighborhood.
If you can't come to an event and still want an autographed copy of the book, you may purchase titles in advance either in the store, over the phone (202.364.1919 or 1.800.722.0790), or through our website.
When buying online, simply use the checkout comments field to indicate that you would like us to request the author's signature at our event before shipping it to you.
If you purchase a book and ticket package for one of our co-sponsored events held outside of the store but are unable to attend, we will hold the book at our store for up to six months. If you are unable to pick up the book, please call us to arrange shipping. Although we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee the book will be signed by the author for those customers unable to attend the event.
All event-related inquiries can be sent to our Director of Programs and Events, Susan Coll, at email@example.com. For Children and Teens' Events, contact Kerri Poore at firstname.lastname@example.org.