The Shipping and Receiving Department is responsible for all inventory that comes in and out of the store. Receivers are expected to process all shipments that arrive on a daily basis withattention to accuracy and quality, as well as to process old merchandise out of inventory and return it back to suppliers. Other duties can include shipping customer orders, organizing overstock, and other small tasks that may arise throughout the day. An ideal shipper/receiver approaches every problem with a good attitude, has a sense of humor in difficult situations, is task-oriented and enjoys a mix of physical and mental work.
This is a full-time position. Receivers work 9-5, Monday to Friday. Positions starts immediately.
- Unloading daily deliveries from UPS and FedEx into the store
- Scanning all merchandise into inventory and reconciling their work with publisher invoices
- Distributing merchandise to the appropriate departments
- Wrapping and boxing all customer shipping
- Pulling books off the shelves on the sales floor and accurately removing them from inventory
- Generating shipping labels for return shipments and occasional customer shipping