- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
|Tuesday, December 31, 2013||Capital James Joyce Book Group||No December Meeting|
|Thursday, January 2, 2014||Capital James Joyce Book Group||Chapter 16, Eumaeus|
|Monday, January 6, 2014||Classics Book Group||"(Heracles featured in) Grief Lessons" by Euripides|
|Monday, February 3, 2014||Classics Book Group||The First Emperor: Selections from the Historical Records by Dawson|
|Monday, April 7, 2014||Classics Book Group||"Phaedrus" by Plato|
|Monday, March 3, 2014||Classics Book Group||"Annals" by Tacitus|
Politics & Prose currently hosts twenty different Store-Sponsored Book Groups. All of P&P's book groups meet once a month in our "remainder room" downstairs and are free and open to the public. There is no need to sign up in advance; simply read the book club's selection and show up for the discussion.
Book group titles are discounted 20% to participants.
Private community groups are also eligible for this discount when they register their book group's monthly selection.
Registering Your Book Group Titles
Registering your book group titles, whether for private or public groups, with P&P allows your participants to receive a 20% discount on the books you are reading. It also increases the likelihood that we will have your books available in sufficient quantities for your participants. We ask that these groups select a representative to register each month's title at least two weeks in advance of the time you wish to purchase it.
Registering is quick and easy. All you need is your group's name, the date of the meeting, the title and author of the book, the number of people you expect will purchase the book in our store, and a way for us to contact you if we have any questions regarding your order. To register just call the store at 202-364-1919, e-mail your requests to email@example.com, or do so in-person at the store information desk.
If your group is looking for book suggestions, please look at the Reading Group Indie Next List.
- Josh Levi, Book Group Coordinator