- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Because Sometimes You Just Gotta Draw a Cover with Your Left Hand: A Pearls Before Swine Collection (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
True to Pearls Before Swine tradition, Sometimes You Just Gotta Draw a Cover with Your Left Hand brims with Stephan Pastis's cynical humor, sharp wit, and clever commentary. Always together--and sometimes with their fellow funny-page characters--the regular Pearls clan weighs in on everything from modern technology to current events to human nature.
Picturing daily and Sunday strips that ran between summer 2009 and spring 2010, all the members of the skewed gang are here as Zebra engages in a never-ending war of neighborly hate with the Crocs, who have since sent Larry back to school, where he proves to be the dumbest beer-drinking student ever to enter the fourth grade. As always, Goat offers a voice of reason amid the ongoing chaos that Pastis creates, either from behind the pen or as a character within the strip itself.
In its tenth year of publication, Pearls Before Swine now appears in 600 newspapers worldwide, boasts an ever-growing online readership, and is a two-time winner of the National Cartoonists Society's Best Newspaper Comic Strip award. Pastis's Sometimes You Just Gotta Draw a Cover with Your Left Hand is sure to add to the funny-page phenomenon, for it gives Pearls fans more of what they know and love: satirical logic and hilarious wit.
About the Author
Stephan Pastis is an attorney turned cartoonist. A graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, and the UCLA School of Law, he worked as a lawyer before trying his hand at cartooning. Pastis lives in the Bay Area, with his wife and two children.