- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Confirmation (Paperback)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Newly elected U.S. president Bob Long is weighing reports of nuclear weapons in Iran when he learns Justice Peter Corbin Franklin, 86-year-old liberal conscience of the Supreme Court, has suffered a massive stroke. With pressing same-sex marriage and abortion laws as well as a huge antitrust case on the court's docket, the door is open for Long to appoint a conservative replacement, repaying the twenty-one million evangelicals who voted for him.
But it won't be that easy. Long suffers a series of political missteps while his court nominee, Marco Diaz, endures vicious character accusations in the media for his religious beliefs and rumors of a tragic past.
Meanwhile, terrorists in Iran have hijacked more nuclear materials and are threatening to bomb a major city if the U.S. or Israel attacks. Chaos reigns in the nation's capitol . . .
Praise for The Confirmation:
"A roller coaster ride of a political thriller. You won't be able to put it down."
Mark R. Levin, nationally syndicated radio host
New York Times best-selling author of Liberty and Tyranny
"As a participant in Supreme Court confirmations as a member of the United States Senate, I know The Confirmation weaves a tale that, while fictional, is true. Ralph Reed shines a bright light on the backroom deals, special-interest-group pleading and the politics of personal destruction that plague judicial confirmations, but he does so in a way that is ultimately hopeful and inspiring."
Rick Santorum, former U.S. Senator (R-PA)
“If you think ‘it can’t happen here,’ then don’t read this book. The Confirmation reminds me of the old dramas which concluded by stating, ‘Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.’
The Confirmation is only part fiction---the issues are as real as a massive heart attack.”
John Ashcroft, U.S. Attorney General, 2001-2005
About the Author
Ralph Reed is founder and president of Century Strategies, a public relations and public affairs firm advising Fortune 500 companies. He has also worked on seven U.S. presidential campaigns and advised 88 Senate, Governor, and Congress campaigns in 24 states. As executive director of the Christian Coalition from 1989 to 1997, Reed was recognized for building one of the nation's most effective grassroots organizations by Newsweek, Life, and Time magazines. He and his wife have four children and live in Duluth, Georgia.