- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Current Classes
- How to Read a Book
- Writing for Middle Grade and YA Audiences (Mixed Level)
- Ladies Detective Fiction 2.0
- Writing Picture Books for Young Children
- American Idiom III: Lucille Clifton & Natasha Trethewey
- Journal Keeping: The Art Of Creating A Journal You Won't Throw Away
- The Nonfiction Journey: From the Idea to the Page
- Paris: A Literary Adventure
- Parler D.C. (French Conversation)
- Knit Lit Challenge
- Making a Photo Book
- This Green City
- Summer Classes
- Fitzgerald and Hemingway: The "Great" 1920s
- Fish Without Bicycles: The Second Women’s Movement in America, 1963-1983
- Hungry for Words: An Inquiry Into the Art of Food Writing
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Graham Greene’s Spy Trio
- Reading the Short Story
- Finding Your Narrative: A Poetry Workshop for Beginners and Intermediates
- Saul Bellow: Deconstructing a Great American Novelist
- Classes for Children & Teens
- Current Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts | CDs | DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Foreign Influence: A Thriller (Mass Market Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
#1 New York Times Bestselling Author
Navy SEAL turned covert operative Scot Harvath is called to action once again in Brad Thor’s hottest political thriller yet.
Buried within the black ops budgets of the Department of Defense, a new spy agency has been created. Unfettered by the oversight of self-serving politicians, it reports only to a secret panel of military insiders. Its job is to target America’s enemies - both foreign and domestic - under a charter of three simple words: Find, Fix, and Finish.
Recruited as a field operative, Scot Harvath has just returned from his first assignment abroad when a bombing in Rome kills a group of American college students. The evidence points to a dangerous colleague from Harvath’s past and a plan for further attacks on an unimaginable scale.
Harvath is tasked with leveraging his relationship to lure the man out of hiding and kill him on the spot. But what if it is the wrong man?
Simultaneously, a young woman is struck by a taxi in a hit-and-run in Chicago. With only two intoxicated witnesses and over five thousand cabs in the city, the Chicago Police have given up on their investigation. But when the family’s attorney digs deeper, he will uncover a shocking connection to the bombing in Rome and the perpetrators’ plans for America.
As the story rockets to its conclusion, the plots intersect in a race to prevent one of the most audacious and unthinkable acts of war in the history of mankind.
About the Author
Brad Thor is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Black List, Full Black, The Athena Project, Foreign Influence, The Apostle, The Last Patriot, The First Commandment, Takedown, Blowback (recognized by NPR as one of the “100 Best Thrillers of All Time”), State of the Union, Path of the Assassin, and The Lions of Lucerne. Visit his website at BradThor.com.
Praise for Foreign Influence: A Thriller…
“Quite possibly the next coming of Robert Ludlum.”
—Chicago Tribune, on The Last Patriot
"The Master of thrillers"
“One of the best thriller writers in the business."
—The Ottawa Citizen
“Frightening, illuminating and always entertaining, Thor gives us yet another work of pulse-quickening clarity. If you’re not hyperventilating once you’ve reached the last page, then you weren’t paying attention.” –Joe Hartlaub, bookreporter.com