- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Gaithersburg Book Festival
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems (Paperback)
Not currently shipping from publisher – Subject to future availability
Now available in trade paperback, the #1 bestselling New York Times author Glenn Beck tackles some of our country’s biggest problems in this funny, outrageous, and entertaining book.
Glenn Beck believes that the reason why some of our biggest problems never seem to get fixed is simple: the solutions just aren’t very convenient. And as the host of a nationally syndicated radio show and a prime-time television show on CNN Headline News, Glenn Beck doesn’t care much about convenience; he cares about common sense.
Take the issue of poverty, for example. Over the last forty years, America’s poorest cities all had one simple thing in common, but politicians will never reveal what that is (or explain how easy it would be to change). Global warming is another issue that’s rife with lies and distortion. How many times have we heard that carbon dioxide is responsible for huge natural disasters that have killed millions of people? The truth is, it’s actually the other way around: as CO2 has increased, deaths from extreme weather have decreased. But that would never be shown in an Al Gore slide show.
Combining honesty with a biting sense of humor, An Inconvenient Book contains hundreds of these "why have I never heard that before?" types of facts that will leave readers wondering how political correctness, special interests, and outright stupidity have gotten us so far away from the common sense solutions this country was built on.
About the Author
Glenn Beck is the host and star of his own primetime television show on CNN Headline News and a contributor to ABC’s Good Morning America. He is the third most-listened-to radio talk-show host in the country, after Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. His show is now syndicated across the United States to more than 280 affiliates and on XM Satellite Radio.
Praise for An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems…
"Glenn Beck is CNN's chief corporate-fascism advocate." -- Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
"Finally! A guy who says what people who aren't thinking, are thinking." -- Jon Stewart
"Satan's mentally challenged younger brother." -- Stephen King
"There's something about him that suggests that, one night, he'll say something that will cost him his career...." -- Keith Olbermann
"Glenn Beck shouldn't be on [the air]." -- Al Franken