- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Unwritten Vol. 1: Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Tom Taylor's life was screwed from go. His father created the Tommy Taylor fantasy series, boy-wizard novels with popularity on par with Harry Potter. The problem is Dad modeled the fictional epic so closely to Tom's real life that fans are constantly comparing him to his counterpart, turning him into the lamest variety of Z-level celebrity. In the final novel, it's even implied that the fictional Tommy will crossover into the real world, giving delusional fans more excuses to harass Tom.
When an enormous scandal reveals that Tom might really be a boy-wizard made flesh, Tom comes into contact with a very mysterious, very deadly group that's secretly kept tabs on him all his life. Now, to protect his own life and discover the truth behind his origins, Tom will travel the world, eventually finding himself at locations all featured on a very special map -- one kept by the deadly group that charts places throughout world history where fictions have impacted and tangibly shaped reality, those stories ranging from famous literary works to folktales to pop culture. And in the process of figuring out what it all means, Tom will find himself having to figure out a huge conspiracy mystery that spans the entirety of the history of fiction.
About the Author
Tom Taylor is more than just the son of one of the world’s most popular authors and the namesake of his most beloved creation, the boy wizard Tommy Taylor. He’s a living weapon in a literal war of words, in which a shadowy cabal uses the power of storytelling itself to shape the world according to their own dark designs. And he was born and bred to close the book on them forever. But now his own story is headed for it’s most dangerous twist yet – a real whale of a tale.
In order to harness his extraordinary powers, Tom must sail the seas of one of the greatest stories ever told, and hunt the white whale that has left countless stories of myth and madness in its wake. Meanwhile, his friends are hunted by a dangerous new enemy and facing identity crises of their own. Will Tom’s voyage lead them all to the answer they seek? Or will he drown in the depths of a thousand and one unhappy endings?
In The Unwritten: Leviathan, acclaimed storytellers Mike Carey and Peter Gross delve deeper than eve r before into their frightening, fascinating world!