- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
The Reengineering Revolution (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Reengineering the Corporation  has swept through corporate America with a force unprecedented in recent years. Hailed by Business Week   as "the best-written, most well-reasoned business book for the managerial masses since In Search of Excellence," the book has appeared on virtually every bestseller list, including a six-month run on The New York Times list. Reengineering has become a part of everyone's business vocabulary. It is undoubtedly the business concept of the nineties.
In The Reengineering Revolution, Michael Hammer and Steven Stanton build on this foundation to share with readers their experiences in successfully implementing reengineering in companies around the world. In an easy-reading, anecdotal style, the book offers behind-the-scenes stories of reengineering successes and failures; practical techniques for key aspects of reengineering, from breaking long standing assumptions to managing change; and insights into the new ways of thinking that reengineering requires.
Just as Reengineering the Corporation shot to the top of the bestseller charts, so has The Reengineering Revolution. It is the practical guide for which business people have been waiting to help them achieve the dramatic improvements -- in speed, productivity, quality, service and profits -- that reengineering promises.
About the Author
Dr. Michael Hammer is the leading exponent of the concept of reengineering. He was named by BusinessWeek as one of the four preeminent management gurus of the 1990s and by Time as one of America's 25 Most Influential Individuals. He lives in Massachusetts.