- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Go Green, Live Rich: 50 Simple Ways to Save the Earth and Get Rich Trying (Paperback)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Let David Bach show you a whole new way to prosper—by going green
Internationally renowned financial expert and bestselling author David Bach has always urged readers to put their financial lives in line with their values. But what if your values are a cleaner and greener earth? Most people think that “going green” is an expensive choice they can’t afford. Bach is here to say that you can have both: a life in line with your green values and a million dollars in the bank.
Go Green, Live Rich outlines fifty ways to make your life, your home, your shopping, and your finances greener—and get rich trying. From driving the right car to making your home energy smart, Bach offers ways to improve the environment while you spend less, save more, earn more, and pay fewer taxes. Best of all, he shows you exactly how to take advantage of the "green wave" in personal finance without the difficult work of evaluating individual stocks. What's more, he will get you thinking about a green business of your own so you can help the world along as it is changing for the better.
David Bach is on a mission to teach the world that you can live a great life by living a green life. With Go Green, Live Rich, you can live in line with your eco-values on the road to financial freedom.
About the Author
David Bach is the author of seven consecutive national bestsellers, including the number-one New York Times bestsellers The Automatic Millionaire and Start Late, Finish Rich and, most recently, the number-one bestseller The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner. There are over five million copies of his books in print, and they have been translated into fifteen languages. He has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show six times and is a featured columnist on Yahoo! Finance. To read an excerpt from any of David Bach’s books, visit his web site at www.finishrich.com.
HILLARY ROSNER is a journalist who covers environmental issues. She worked on Al Gore’s runaway bestseller An Inconvenient Truth and writes frequently for the New York Times.
Praise for Go Green, Live Rich: 50 Simple Ways to Save the Earth and Get Rich Trying…
More than 5 million David Bach books in print!
Praise for Go Green, Live Rich
“Great news: there is no green premium! By demonstrating how going green can fit any budget, David Bach shows that good environmental and financial decisions go hand-in-hand. Bach's Go Green, Live Rich gives great tips, useful to everyone, about how to save money and the planet at once."
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr.
“Yet another powerful reason to go green! Thankfully for our species, going green can also mean saving some green. Go Green, Live Rich shows you exactly how a lot of small steps added together can change your life in more ways than one."
- Graham Hill, TreeHugger.com and PlanetGreen.com
“I LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. This is just what the world needs. Not a bunch of touchy feely, mumbo jumbo, but real world solutions that show why going green is just plain smart. Fantastic.”
- Steve Fleischli, President, Waterkeeper Alliance
“David Bach has done it again! As a green affordable housing developer, I enthusiastically recommend Go Green, Live Rich! Packed with tips and tools, this book is a must read for anyone who wants to make their home--and their life--more eco-friendly.”
- Josh Lockwood, Executive Director, Habitat for Humanity — New York City
“Go Green, Live Rich is as much about saving money as it is about preserving our world of natural wonders for future generations. This is the rich-green-book of a promising tomorrow.”
- Matthew Modine, Founder: Bicycle for a Day
“Go Green, Live Rich is the ultimate toolkit for greening the planet and our wallets at the same time. No one does a better job than David Bach in showing us the practical strategies for how to enjoy living sustainably.”
- Terry Tamminen, Cullman Senior Fellow, New America Foundation
“David Bach has created a truly easy to read, simple step by step plan for everyday consumers and business owners to make small changes towards achieving a greener way of life. From raising your baby to running your company, David shows you how to make positive changes on our planet as well as our bank accounts. Going green can definitely make everyone a little richer.”
- Bradford Rand, President, Go Green Expo
“Finally, a book that debunks the myth that you have to BE rich to live green. In fact, it's the other way around: by living green you can GET rich -- it's the ultimate win-win. Never before has this been spelled out so clearly, simply, practically. A must-read for anyone who wants to live wisely and responsibly in a world of rocketing energy prices and climate imbalance.”
- Amanda Griscom Little, award-winning environmental journalist and columnist for Grist.org