- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup!: Recipes for the Kid in Everyone (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Gooey Cinnamon Buns, Baby Bam Burgers, Ka-Bam Kabobs, Creamy Dreamy Orange Freezes! Sound good? They taste even better -- and you can make them yourself!
What's better than eating really good food? Making it! And now, Chef Emeril Lagasse shows you how to do it, step-by-step. And hey, this is the real thing -- you're really cooking with this book, so get ready to make some kicked-up food that your family and friends will love.
- Hate getting up in the morning? Not with Emeril's Favorite French Toast for breakfast!
- Want to make all your friends happy when you open your lunchbox? Then bring enough Cheesy Star Snacks for everyone.
- Think vegetables are boring? Just try Sweet Potato-Praline Marshmallow Casserole!
- Your turn to make dinner? Junior's Jambalaya. will make everybody happy-happy.
- Is dessert your favorite meat? Then Pokey Brownies are just right for you!
Every recipe has been chosen and tested by Chef Emeril and by kids, too, so you know they have to be good -- and good for you! Best of all, grown-ups can use this book with you. Cooking together is a great way to have fun and make sure you stay safe.
So if you want to make delicious food and have a good time doing it, put on your apron, roll up your sleeves, and follow Chef Emeril into the kitchen....
About the Author
Emeril Lagasse is a chef, restaurateur, and author of seventeen bestselling cookbooks, including his most recent book, Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh, and Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking, which introduced his creative take on Creole cuisine. He is the proprietor of thirteen award-winning restaurants across the country. He is the host of The Originals with Emeril and Fresh Food Fast, both appearing on the Cooking Channel. He is currently in his fourteenth year as the food correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America. In 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support children's educational programs that inspire and mentor young people through the culinary arts and promote nutrition and healthy eating.
Praise for Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup!: Recipes for the Kid in Everyone…
“A fun first cookbook to give to a budding chef . . . abundantly illustrated.”
“75 recipes with clear instructions and illustrations built around Emeril’s humorous headshots; easy-to-read icons, including difficulty levels.”
“Cheerful, positive, helpful and, above all, completely about the enjoyment of food through its preparation. Highly recommended.”