- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Emeril's Potluck: Comfort Food with a Kicked-Up Attitude (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
America's favorite chef Emeril Lagasse is ready to party. Parties and celebrations mean food. Lots of food: tureens of soup, platters of chicken, bowls of salad, casseroles of baked pasta. From family reunions to holiday buffets, summer barbecues to tailgate parties, and weekend brunches to bridal showers, Emeril's Potluck offers crowd-pleasing dishes perfect for gatherings with friends and family.
Emeril's Potluck brings together everything Emeril loves most about cooking and eating. The food is simple, flavorful, and perfect for sharing at any get-together. Each recipe serves a whopping 8 to 10 people, but don't assume you're making too much -- everyone will be heading back for seconds and thirds of these Emerilized starters, entrees, drinks, sides, and desserts.
Start by toasting the occasion with a glass of Champagne Punch, a Watermelon Daiquiri, or an Orange Emeril. Then let the feast begin! Classic Blue Cheese Dip, Alain's Sweet and Spicy Asian Wings, or Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms will get your party started right! Main courses range from Olive-Stuffed Leg of Lamb and Creole Mustard and Herb-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin to homey favorites such as Charlotte's Lasagna Bolognese, Penne à la Vodka Casserole, and Tuna Tetrazzini. Of course, it wouldn't be a party without dessert, so save room for Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, Strawberry Shortcake, and Emeril's Tiramisu.
The recipes are quick, easy, and portable. Enjoy these dishes at home or take them on the road. Emeril's Potluck -- so foolproof, so easy, so crowd pleasing that luck has nothing to do with it.
About the Author
Emeril Lagasse is a chef, restaurateur, and author of seventeen bestselling cookbooks, including his most recent book, Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh, and Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking, which introduced his creative take on Creole cuisine. He is the proprietor of thirteen award-winning restaurants across the country. He is the host of The Originals with Emeril and Fresh Food Fast, both appearing on the Cooking Channel. He is currently in his fourteenth year as the food correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America. In 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support children's educational programs that inspire and mentor young people through the culinary arts and promote nutrition and healthy eating.