- Multimedia Archive
- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Affiliated Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- Spring Classes
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Edith Wharton
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Building Character
- Crafting a Compelling Query: An Agent's Advice
- Deconstructing Children's Literature
- E.M. Forster: Aspects of the Novel and Howard’s End
- Faulkner and Woolf: Avant-Garde of the Avant-Garde?
- How Fiction Works
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Interpretations of Sherlock Holmes: Part I
- On the Dark Side: the First Arc of American Noir
- Paris: A Literary Sampler
- Picture Book Intensive: A Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing: Guided Prompts
- Rock Creek Songbirds
- Spring Poetry Circle: Czeslaw Milosz & Tomas Transtromer
- The Tell-Tale Poe
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Emeril's TV Dinners: Kickin' It Up A Notch With Recipes From Emeril Live And Essence Of Emeril (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
Are you ready to kick it up a notch? Wait -- forget that. Are you ready to kick it up notches unknown to humankind? Finally, Emeril has written the book his fans of Emeril Live and Essence of Emeril have been waiting for -- a collection of his very favorite recipes from both shows.
It's all here -- from cooking up Fall River memories like St. John's Kale Soup, Roasted Scrod with Parsley Potatoes, and Boston Cream Pie with his mom, Hilda, to Louisiana specialties like Creole Spiced Blue Crabs with Green Onion Dipping Sauce, Fried Eggplant with Shrimp Stew-Fay, and Blueberry Beignets.
Hey, this isn't rocket science, but it's good eating, with starters like Caramelized Salmon with Cilantro Potato Salad and Stuffed Morels with Crawfish Remoulade. This isn't Kansas anymore, Toto, and these are salads like you've never had them -- Herb-Tossed White Asparagus, Fresh Crabmeat, and Grilled Radicchio Salad, Emeril's BLT Salad, and Molasses Duck Salad.
Does pork fat rule at your house (and if it doesn't, why not?)? Then take your pick of the pig --- Homemade Bacon, Andouille Stuffed Jalapeqos, and Pork Burgers in Gravy with French-Fried Sweet Potatoes. And don't limit yourself to one part of the barnyard -- try Emerilized Chicken Cordon Bleu, Funky Lamb Shanks, Pan-Roasted Filet Mignon Stuffed with English Stilton and Walnuts, or Smothered Oxtails over Spinach and Sweet Corn Mash.
Emeril's TV Dinners not only includes more than 150 recipes, it is jam-packed with candid black-and-white photography of Emeril behind the scenes, in front of the cameras, on tour, and really live in his New Orleans restaurants.
About the Author
Emeril Lagasse is a chef, restaurateur, and author of seventeen bestselling cookbooks, including his most recent book, Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh, and Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking, which introduced his creative take on Creole cuisine. He is the proprietor of thirteen award-winning restaurants across the country. He is the host of The Originals with Emeril and Fresh Food Fast, both appearing on the Cooking Channel. He is currently in his fourteenth year as the food correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America. In 2002, Emeril established the Emeril Lagasse Foundation to support children's educational programs that inspire and mentor young people through the culinary arts and promote nutrition and healthy eating.