- Book Groups
- Classes & Trips
- Offsite Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Winter Classes
- "What's Love Got To Do With It?": A History of Marriage
- Arthurian Women
- Bridging the Partisan Divide
- Cloaked Trajectory: Tracking the Modern Spy Novel
- Edith Wharton
- Expatriate Literature: Americans Abroad
- From Main Street to Lake Wobegon: Sinclair Lewis, Garrison Keillor, and Life in Small Town America
- In the Beginning: Get Your Novel/Story/Memoir Off to a Great Start!
- Inside The Best American Poetry 2013
- Knitting the New Lace
- Make Your Own Passover Haggadah with DipTwice
- Master Class: Memoir Manuscript Workshop
- Memoir Writing Workshop (Mixed Level)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Version 2.0
- Ralph Ellison: Invisible & Visible
- Shakespeare in Washington: Richard III and Henry IV, Part 1
- Text and Performance: Three Contemporary Plays
- The Poetry of Seamus Heaney
- Understanding Middle East Politics through Literature
- Workshop with NYT bestselling author Cara Black: We'll Always Have Paris...: Constructing an International Setting
- Writing and Rewriting Huck
- Winter Classes
- Book Printing
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
Little Wizard Stories of Oz (Hardcover)
Not currently in the store – Usually ships in 1-5 days
What could be better than a story about the unforgettable characters from the land of Oz? Six stories, of course! Featuring everyone's favorite friends--Dorothy, Toto, the Wizard, the Cowardly Lion, the Scarecrow, and the Tin Woodman--these little tales contain the same Baum magic, with a few special surprises not revealed in the other Oz books. Also included are adventures with Tiktok, the Clockwork Man; the always ravenous Hungry Tiger; the amazing Jack Pumpkinhead; the incredible wooden Sawhorse; and the magical princess Ozma of Oz.
Discover how Dorothy and Toto escape from under the power of the terrible giant, Crinklink, join wise Princess Ozma and the Wizard as they match wits with three mischievous Imps; follow the adventures of Jack Pumpkinhead and the Sawhorse as they brave a great, gloomy forest to save two lost children. Whether or not you have visited the enchanted land of Oz before, you will delight in these and three other fanciful and exciting tales.
For over ninety years L. Rank Baum's fairyland has stirred the imaginations of readers of all ages. Now, in this lavishly produced edition featuring all forty-five of John R. Neill's striking full-color illustrations, young readers and listeners will enjoy six little Oz adventures about the beloved folk who make Oz so fascinating and enduring.Afterword by Peter Glassman. This deluxe collection of six short stories was written especially for beginning readers and features forty-five glowing full-color plates. Everyone will enjoy these irresistible adventures about the beloved characters who make the land of Oz so delightful and enduring. A Books of Wonder Classic.
About the Author
L. Frank Baum (1856-1919) published The Wonderful Wizard of Oz in 1900 and received enormous, immediate success. Baum went on to write seventeen additional novels in the Oz series. Today, he is considered the father of the American fairy tale. His stories inspired the 1939 classic film The Wizard of Oz, one of the most widely viewed movies of all time.
Michael Sieben is a professional designer and illustrator, primarily within the sub-culture of skateboarding, whose work has been exhibited and reviewed worldwide as well as featured in numerous illustration anthologies. He is a staff writer and illustrator for Thrasher magazine, and a weekly columnist for VICE.com. He is also a founding member of Okay Mountain Gallery and Collective in Austin, Texas, as well as the cofounder of Roger Skateboards. The author of There's Nothing Wrong with You (Hopefully), he lives and works in Austin.