- Multimedia Archive
- Classes & Trips
- Book Groups
- Supported Events
- Bulk Book Sales
- Children & Teens
- Classes & Trips
- Writing Workshops
- Be Your Own Editor: How to Edit Your Own Work
- Grab the Reader at Go
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! A
- In the Beginning: Get Your Manuscript Off to a Great Start! B
- Memoir Writing: Possible Moral, Ethical & Legal Issues
- Mixed Level Memoir Writing Workshop
- Right Brain Writing
- Writing for Middle Grade & Young Adult
- Politics & Place
- Close Reads: Classics & Contemporary
- Fiction & Form
- Gifts, CDs, & DVDs
- Membership & Community
- District Lines
- Local Restaurants
- Modern Times Coffeehouse
- DC Blogs
- Literary Organizations
- Support a Local School or Literacy Organization
- School Book Fairs & Partnership Fridays
- About Us
A multi-disciplinary framework through which to spot financial bubbles before they burst.
Based on a popular undergraduate seminar, entitled Financial Booms & Busts, taught by the author at Yale University, "Boombustology" presents a multi-disciplinary framework for identifying unsustainable booms and forthcoming busts.
The magnitude of our recent financial crisis mandates a firm understanding of this phenomenon before the next crisis occurs. "Boombustology" provides an in-depth look at several major booms and busts and offers a solid framework for thinking about future occurrences.Examines why booms and busts are not random and can therefore be identifiedFocuses upon various theoretical and disciplinary lenses useful in the study of booms and bustsContains a framework for thinking about and identifying forthcoming financial bubbles including several tell-tale indicators of a forthcoming bust.Illustrates the framework in action by evaluating China as a potential bubble in the making.
If you want to make better decisions in today's turbulent investment environment, understanding the dynamics of booms and busts is the best place the start. "Boombustology" can help you achieve this elusive goal.
Vikram Mansharamani is a Lecturer at Yale University and a global equity investor.